The Church of the Good Shepherd began as a mission church in 1874. Regular worship services started on April 12, 1874 in Bigelow Hall in Clinton. One year later, a suitable building lot was secured and the cornerstone of the church was laid on October 28, 1875. The first worship service in the new church building occurred on April 17, 1876. Our church was named by a twelve year old girl who was comforted during her first communion by a stained glass window at All Saints Church in Worcester depicting Christ as the Good Shepherd. To this day, the Church of the Good Shepherd continues to function as a mission church reaching out to address the needs of the community.